Looking for ideas to say 'Thank you' to yours or your kid's favorite ice skating coach who is there for every step, turn, fall and success?
Below is a detailed list of figure skating coach gifts for you to choose from, useful at the rink or in everyday life.
Plus, some can be personalized to show your coach how special he/she is!
Note: this is a list of gift ideas for a coach. If you are looking for gift suggestions for a figure skater (boy, girl, woman, man), head to this other article.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase using my link, I get a commission at no extra cost to you (learn more).
Offering a gift to your ice skating coach - when, what... Etiquette
Like for a favorite teacher, wanting to say thank you to a coach is a nice gesture.
First things first, don't forget to SAY THANK YOU. This is the most important. On top of that, you/your kid can offer a gift (discreetly not in front of the other skaters) for:
- End of season
- Successes at competitions / tests
However, if it is a gift from only one skater, it should remain small.
Know that some coaches are uncomfortable receiving expensive gifts. Accepting those will have an impact on ethics perception.
The thought is what counts the most.
Best Figure Skating Coach gifts - useful + personalized (or not)
Personalized figure skating coach gifts to use at the rink
Let's start with a list of presents that can be very useful at the rink.
I would not offer new equipment such as guards or soakers, unless you really know they need some. But there are many other items that can be very useful and be personalized!
- A Towel to dry out their blades and prevent rust formation - this is an essential item, and yet it is often a very boring piece of fabric. You can offer a more inspiring one!
- A Water Bottle to keep hydrated at the rink - it is very important to drink water, especially if you need to shout a lot to be heard from the other side of the rink!
- A Travel Mug - days at the rink can be long and cold. With a travel mug, the coach can keep his/her drink warm
- A Scarf or a Vest - The skater is moving a lot and keeping warm, but the coach is often standing still looking at the skater. It can be very cold for him/her
- A Clipboard - if your coach likes to keep notes or to draw the routines while on the ice, a clipboard is really practical, and even better if personalized!
- Hand warmers - same as before, it gets really cold for a coach so hand warmers to keep in his/her pockets can be really appreciated (there are rechargeable ones or single use packs)
Personalized ice skating coach gifts to use for his / her coaching business
Being a figure skating coach is also a business. There are some useful items that can be used to work around the rink times.
- A Mouse Pad to remember you while using the computer
- A personalized Pen, a nice small gift that is always very useful
- A Planner to keep track of all the lessons and skaters
- A Binder to organize documents about skaters or invoices
- A Notebook to keep track of the progress of the skaters
- A personalized Luggage Tag to place on his/her luggage for competitions or his/her skate bag
Gifts for Home / Car
And then you can also choose something more discrete (not for the rink), that will be used by your coach only in his/her home and car
- A Mug for drinking coffee or tea in the morning
- A Pillow to decorate the sofa
- A Magnet for a reminder on the fridge
- A Keychain to carry a reminder of your "thank you" everywhere around
- A personalized air freshener for his/her car
- A bumper sticker to show the world who is the best coach ever!
- And for a Christmas gift, maybe an ice skating Ornament
Simple can be the most touching... thank you cards & self-made ideas!
But if your budget is limited, know that sometimes, the most thoughtful gifts are simple.
- A lot of coaches say that they really enjoy thank you cards and they keep them all.
- They also mention enjoying receiving pictures of their skaters to keep on their desk or for photo albums
- And finally, why not cook something! Homemade cookies or candies show that you have made an effort and if he/she enjoys food, you should get a big smile 🙂
Non-skate related - Figure skating coach gift ideas
But it is not mandatory to offer a gift related to his/her coach status.
If your coach has been around for a long time, he/she can already have a lot of items.
So, you can be lost thinking about what can be useful...
This is where the gift card can be a good idea - This way you are sure the coach can find something he/she really wants:
- Gift card for Amazon - for him / her to find any types of products
- Gift card for Starbucks or another chain of coffee shop - if he/she drinks a lot of coffee
- Gift card for his/her favorite take out / lunch spot - sometimes the coach has to eat quickly between lessons
- Gift card for his/her favorite brand...
Group gifts for figure skating coaches
If you decide to give a gift as a club as a group of all parents of a certain level, then the ethics dilemma can disappear and you can offer a bigger gift if everyone contributes.
In that case the gift ideas are infinite and you need to know what the coach likes.
When I was younger, we have offered, as a club:
- Branded bags
- Stationary bike
- An experience: a spa treatment or a special diner at a high-end restaurant
Synchronized skating team coach gift ideas
And if you are looking for gifts for a synchronized skating team coach, below are some design specifically for synchro...
More articles about figure skating:
- The essential pieces of figure skating equipment you need - read article
- Gift for figure skaters - 50 ideas - read article
- Figure skating off-ice training routine - what to work on - read article
- Best ice skating bags to carry your skates - read article
- Best ice skate towels to dry out blades - read article
- Best Figure Skating Protective Gear - read article
- Figure skating training clothes - tips + 5 looks - read article
- Best figure skating tights and leggings - read article
- 9 Tips fo Figure skating moms and dads (competition level) - read article
- Figure Skating Competition Checklist - read article